- Cooking Time: 8 - 10 minutes
- Servings: 2 dozen
- Preparation Time: overnight
- THE DOUGH
- 1 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 t salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- Instant yeast
- 4 eggs
- 7 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold water
- THE ORANGE SPREAD
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup soft butter or margarine
- rind from 2 large or 3 medium oranges
- THE DOUGH:
- In a mixing bowl combine shortening, 3/4 cup sugar, salt, boiling water.
- Allow water to cool.
- Mix until combined.
- Stir in yeast.
- Add eggs.
- Alternate adding 1/4 cup cold water with 2 cups of flour while mixer running, using dough hook. Dough should be very sticky once all flour is added.
- Move dough to well greased bowl.
- Cover dough with greased plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to rise over night.
- ORANGE SPREAD:
- Combine the sugar, butter or margarine and orange rind and mix well.
- Roll out the dough into a triangle on a well-floured surface until it is about 1/4-inch thick.
- Spread the orange spread on the dough leaving a 1-inch margin on all sides.
- Begin rolling from the long side until reaching the other side.
- Pinch the loose end to the roll.
- Slice the roll into 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Place slices in well-greased muffin tins.
- Allow to rise covered for 2 hours or until double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes.
NotesThis is a favorite at holiday meals. My kids always hope there are left overs so that they can take them to school in their lunches.
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
GAES PTO Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More