MOM'S POTATO SOUP
Mom's Potato Soup
- 4 pounds potatoes-washed, peeled & diced into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion-diced
- 1 small carrot-cut into match stick size (this is optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4-5 cups milk
- 1 stick butter-cut into squares
- 1-2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- real bacon bit pieces for topping
In a pot, put enough water to cover potatoes and boil until almost tender.
After boiling potatoes, drain 1/2 of the water out. Add milk, onion, carrots, butter, salt & pepper to potatoes and water.
Cover and boil gently until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Add instant potato flakes and gently boil to desired thickness.
If you get it to thick, just add more milk. I always add more salt when plated.
Top with bacon bit pieces and serve.
When I've been sick, Mom would send me a pot of this and it would make my tummy feel better and it chases away the blues!