- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 pounds potatoes-washed, peeled & diced into bite size pieces
- 1 small onion-diced
- 1 small carrot-cut into match stick size (this is optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4-5 cups milk
- 1 stick butter-cut into squares
- 1-2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- real bacon bit pieces for topping
- In a pot, put enough water to cover potatoes and boil until almost tender.
- After boiling potatoes, drain 1/2 of the water out. Add milk, onion, carrots, butter, salt & pepper to potatoes and water.
- Cover and boil gently until potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes. Add instant potato flakes and gently boil to desired thickness.
- If you get it to thick, just add more milk. I always add more salt when plated.
- Top with bacon bit pieces and serve.
NotesThis soup is so yummy and a cure all for everything and perfect for a cold winter day! It is very easy to make and a very creamy soup!
When I've been sick, Mom would send me a pot of this and it would make my tummy feel better and it chases away the blues!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More