- Cooking Time: 50-55 Minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
- 1 Box Duncan-Heinz Yellow cake mix
- 1 Small box of vanilla pudding
- 4 Eggs
- ½ C Oil
- 1 ½ C Water
- 3-4 Tbsp Imitation rum flavoring
- ¼ C Pecans chopped
- ½ C Real butter
- 1 C Sugar
- ½ C Water
- 3 tsp. Imitation rum flavoring
- Beat cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, water, and rum flavoring together for 4 minutes on med-high speed w/ electric mixer.
- Grease and flour circular cake pan (Tube pan- the kind w/ a hole in the middle, works best).
- Sprinkle Pecan pieces on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the cake mix.
- Bake at 350- for 50 to 55 minutes.
- When there are 10 minutes of baking time left, make the glaze.
- Bring ½ C Water, 1 stick of REAL BUTTER, 1 C Sugar and 3 tsp. rum flavoring to a boil and allow to boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When the cake is done, immediately pour the glaze over the cake while it is still in the baking dish.
- Allow it to cool, and it’s ready to go!
NotesMy Mom used to always bake this cake for my Dad on his birthday.
Submitted by: "Alyson Jones"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
MidLife Road Trip'sSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More