- Cooking Time: 50-55 Minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 10-15 Minutes
- 1 Box Duncan-Heinz Yellow cake mix
- 1 Small box of vanilla pudding
- 4 Eggs
- ½ C Oil
- 1 ½ C Water
- 3-4 Tbsp Imitation rum flavoring
- ¼ C Pecans chopped
- ½ C Real butter
- 1 C Sugar
- ½ C Water
- 3 tsp. Imitation rum flavoring
- Beat cake mix, pudding, eggs, oil, water, and rum flavoring together for 4 minutes on med-high speed w/ electric mixer.
- Grease and flour circular cake pan (Tube pan- the kind w/ a hole in the middle, works best).
- Sprinkle Pecan pieces on the bottom of the pan.
- Pour in the cake mix.
- Bake at 350- for 50 to 55 minutes.
- When there are 10 minutes of baking time left, make the glaze.
- Bring ½ C Water, 1 stick of REAL BUTTER, 1 C Sugar and 3 tsp. rum flavoring to a boil and allow to boil 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- When the cake is done, immediately pour the glaze over the cake while it is still in the baking dish.
- Allow it to cool, and it’s ready to go!
NotesMy Mom used to always bake this cake for my Dad on his birthday.
Submitted by: "Alyson Jones"
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More