- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 5-6 large potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds hamburger meat
- 1-1 ½ cans cream corn
- 1 package dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 eggs
- Boil potatoes.
- When tender, prepare mashed potatoes and season to taste.
- Brown hamburger meat, then add soup mixture for flavor.
- In 9x13 casserole dish, evenly layer the meat first then the cream corn.
- Top and seal with the mashed potatoes.
- Beat two eggs and spread evenly over the top of the mashed potatoes.
- This will give it a shiny and golden coating once baked.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes or until top appears golden.
NotesThis is a very inexpensive and easy-to-make meal yet is healthy (vegetables, meat, and starch) and is delicious. This has been a family favorite for as long as I can remember and always brings back sweet memories of my mom who baked it often. My daughter made this at a 4H cookery when in 4th grade and won 1st place in the one-dish meal category.
Submitted by: "Paulette Lorance"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Lau Family Recipes
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More