- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed tomato soup
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick skillet or Dutch oven, cook ground beef, celery and onions over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
- Stir in cooked pasta, and all remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
NotesI dropped by my parents house yesterday and much to my delight I found leftover homemade goulash in the fridge. I am a cheese hound, so I tend to add a little sharp cheddar to mine, but that is extremely optional.
Even as leftovers, the celery wasn't mushy. I love that!
Adapted from a recipe by Pillsbury
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Summertime SippersSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More