MOM'S SKILLET GOULASH
Mom's Skillet Goulash
- 8 oz. uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 chopped medium onion
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz each) condensed tomato soup
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
Meanwhile, in a 12-inch nonstick skillet or Dutch oven, cook ground beef, celery and onions over medium-high heat, 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
Stir in cooked pasta, and all remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Even as leftovers, the celery wasn't mushy. I love that!
Adapted from a recipe by Pillsbury