- Cooking Time: 50 min.
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbl. milk
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup walnuts (ground)
- Cream softened butter with 1 cup sugar.
- Add 2 eggs and vanilla and mix together.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and the 2 TBL. milk.
- Mix together topping ingredents: sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg. wheatgerm and walnuts in a bowl.
- Grease tube pan with crisco or butter and flour.
- Put half batter in pan, top with half the topping.
- Put remaining batter on top of the topping and sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake 350 degrees for 50 min. to 1 hr.
NotesMy mother got this recipe from a co-worker when she worked in the Harrisburg, PA Social Security Office back in the 50s.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
50 Shades of Taste
Get Fit With Good Food!
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More