- Cooking Time: 50 min.
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 20 min
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbl. milk
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup walnuts (ground)
- Cream softened butter with 1 cup sugar.
- Add 2 eggs and vanilla and mix together.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and the 2 TBL. milk.
- Mix together topping ingredents: sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg. wheatgerm and walnuts in a bowl.
- Grease tube pan with crisco or butter and flour.
- Put half batter in pan, top with half the topping.
- Put remaining batter on top of the topping and sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake 350 degrees for 50 min. to 1 hr.
NotesMy mother got this recipe from a co-worker when she worked in the Harrisburg, PA Social Security Office back in the 50s.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Classic Chocolate RecipesSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More