- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups white rice
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can chicken broth (about ten ounces)
- water (5 ounces)
- 1 small can tomato sauce (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 an onion (take an onion, peel, cut in half, that's it)
- Brown the uncooked rice and garlic in oil in a pot. Add salt and pepper. After a couple of minutes, add the can of broth, refill the can about halfway with water and also add the water and then add the tomato sauce. You can stir it once, but after that, do NOT stir! It will be tempting, but don't do it. Put the onion right on top so it just looks like a dome sitting in the pan. Put the top on the pot. Let it all boil, watching it closely. When most of the liquid is evaporated, lower the heat to really low. Once the liquid is totally gone, it's ready. Keep the top on the pot until it's ready to serve. Discard the onion (it was just for flavor). Enjoy!
- The picture below is of the rice ready, but before I discarded the onion.
NotesI can't make it nearly as well as my mom, but I try. This is simple, but if you don't follow the "DON'T STIR" instruction, it won't come out right.
The picture below is of the rice ready, but before I discarded the onion.
Here's the recipe:
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
NFPG Recipe Collection
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More