Mom's Stuffed Bell Peppers
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
4 large bell peppers, cut in half lengthwise
1 box Kraft macaroni and cheese
2 tablespoon olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon paprika
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 small can chopped green chilies
1½ cups Velveeta cheese, cut into small pieces, divided
1 can (14.5 oz) whole tomatoes, chopped (with juice)
1 cup croutons
½ cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
1. Steam peppers over boiling water for 4 to 5 minutes. Set aside upside-down to drain and soften.
2. Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package instructions.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
4. Heat oil in large skillet; add onion and celery, and sauté a few minutes. Add seasonings, chopped
green chilies, and ground beef to skillet; cook until pink is gone from meat. Add prepared macaroni and
cheese, and 1 cup of Velveeta cheese pieces to skillet; blend well. Add chopped tomatoes to skillet with
just enough juice to moisten mixture well. Stir croutons into mixture.
5. Stuff bell peppers and place into an 8 x 8 casserole. with Italian breadcrumbs and remaining ½ cup of
Velveeta cheese. Pour remaining juice from tomatoes (if any) around inside edges of bell peppers. Bake
uncovered for 20 to 30 minutes, or until breadcrumbs are golden brown.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Main Dish