- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, smashed then finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder (or your favourite curry mix)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, light
- cayenne pepper
- 2 large fresh plum tomatoes
- fresh ground black pepper
- freshly ground sea salt
- parsley sprigs (to garnish)
- Slice hard boiled eggs in half and put yokes in a small bowl. Set egg white halves aside.
- Mash yolks with a fork. Add to yolks, finely chopped green onion, finely chopped garlic, curry powder, celery salt and mustard. Mix thoroughly. Add only enough of the mayonnaise to bind the mix, we like ours fairly dry, if you want them less dry, add a small amount of mayonnaise at a time until you get the consistancy you want. Slice the plumb tomatoes into 12 rounds, six rounds from each. Arrange tomato slices on a platter. Sprinkle the tomatoes with freshly ground pepper to taste. Fill the egg white halves with a heaping tablespoon of the yolk mix.
- Place one filled egg white half on top of each tomato slice. Sprinkle freshly ground sea salt on filled eggs and tomato slice stack. Sprinkle cayenne pepper on filled eggs and tomato slice stack to taste and finish with a sprinkle of paprika to add more color. Garnish platter with sprigs of parsley.