- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAfter the holidays, when we'd had our fill of turkey sandwiches, Mom would make these croquettes for dinner. This is more of a method than a recipe, so feel free to add or adapt in whatever way you please!
- 1 cup cooked turkey, ground
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup leftover cold gravy
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- dry breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, potatoes and gravy, mixing well.
- Add salt and pepper if needed. Mixture should stick together; if necessary, add more gravy.
- Form oblong croquettes, using about 1/3 cup of the mixture for each.
- Gently roll the croquettes in bread crumbs to coat, then place formed croquettes on a plate. Refrigerate 1/2 hour to allow them to get firm.
- In a large (preferably non-stick)skillet, heat about 1/4 inch of vegetable oil to almost smoking.
- Gently place croquettes in pan, being careful to avoid overcrowding.
- When croquettes are golden on one side, gently turn and finish browning.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate before serving.
- Makes 6-7 croquettes.
- NOTE: If you wish, a food processor can be used to make this recipe and speed up prep time.