- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup cooked turkey, ground
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup leftover cold gravy
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- dry breadcrumbs
- vegetable oil
- In a bowl, combine the turkey, potatoes and gravy, mixing well.
- Add salt and pepper if needed. Mixture should stick together; if necessary, add more gravy.
- Form oblong croquettes, using about 1/3 cup of the mixture for each.
- Gently roll the croquettes in bread crumbs to coat, then place formed croquettes on a plate. Refrigerate 1/2 hour to allow them to get firm.
- In a large (preferably non-stick)skillet, heat about 1/4 inch of vegetable oil to almost smoking.
- Gently place croquettes in pan, being careful to avoid overcrowding.
- When croquettes are golden on one side, gently turn and finish browning.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate before serving.
- Makes 6-7 croquettes.
- NOTE: If you wish, a food processor can be used to make this recipe and speed up prep time.
NotesAfter the holidays, when we'd had our fill of turkey sandwiches, Mom would make these croquettes for dinner. This is more of a method than a recipe, so feel free to add or adapt in whatever way you please!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More