- Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours -2 hours
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 45 min
- Small whole chicken(i used two large bone in chicken breasts)
- 1/2-1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp Poultry seasoning
- 3 Celery stalks
- 3 Carrots
- 1/2 cup Margarine
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- Rice or egg noodles (to serve w/ finished product)
- Put Chicken Carrots and Celery in large pot.
- Cover with water up to about an inch over the top of chicken.
- add poultry seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let boil until chicken is cooked through (up to about an hour and a half depending on the size of the chicken or chicken pieces)
- remove chicken and vegi's from broth and cut into bite size peices removing skin and bones from chicken and set aside
- take out 2 cups of broth and set aside
- in a smaller pot (or same pot if you want)
- melt the margarine at medium/low heat.
- whisk in flour/tsp of salt,1/4 tsp of pepper mixture.
- allow to bubble for a min or so (gets rid of the floury taste a little)
- whisk in milk and broth about a 1/4 cup at a time.
- turn up heat to medium and allow to boil stirring frequently
- once it boils it will start to thicken.
- once the thickness you would like add in pieces of chicken and vegi's.
- serve over rice or egg noodles.
NotesThis is my favorite thing that my Mom makes. I changed it a little bit because we're trying to eat healthier so i substituted whole wheat flour and low-fat milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Naked MacaronSee More
Apricot Glazed Chicken Breasts
Blueberry Light MuffinsSee More