- Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours -2 hours
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 45 min
- Small whole chicken(i used two large bone in chicken breasts)
- 1/2-1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2-1 tsp Poultry seasoning
- 3 Celery stalks
- 3 Carrots
- 1/2 cup Margarine
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- Rice or egg noodles (to serve w/ finished product)
- Put Chicken Carrots and Celery in large pot.
- Cover with water up to about an inch over the top of chicken.
- add poultry seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and let boil until chicken is cooked through (up to about an hour and a half depending on the size of the chicken or chicken pieces)
- remove chicken and vegi's from broth and cut into bite size peices removing skin and bones from chicken and set aside
- take out 2 cups of broth and set aside
- in a smaller pot (or same pot if you want)
- melt the margarine at medium/low heat.
- whisk in flour/tsp of salt,1/4 tsp of pepper mixture.
- allow to bubble for a min or so (gets rid of the floury taste a little)
- whisk in milk and broth about a 1/4 cup at a time.
- turn up heat to medium and allow to boil stirring frequently
- once it boils it will start to thicken.
- once the thickness you would like add in pieces of chicken and vegi's.
- serve over rice or egg noodles.
NotesThis is my favorite thing that my Mom makes. I changed it a little bit because we're trying to eat healthier so i substituted whole wheat flour and low-fat milk.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Horseradish Beef Roll-Ups
New England Pot RoastSee More