- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 2 hours
- potatoes (I like red or Yukon gold)
- dijon mustard
- india relish
- spike seasoning
- Boil about five potatoes until you are able to pierce with a fork
- drain potatoes with a towel over them
- boil 3 eggs until hard boiled
- cut potatoes into 1/2 inch squares, place in large bowl (or use the pot you cooked them in)
- dice the eggs place in bowl
- dice 1/2 large onion or one small onion
- mix 1 cup mayo, two tbsp mustard, 1 tbsp india relish and 1 and 1/2 tsp of spike seasoning with potatoes and eggs. The mixture should be creamy not thick. You can thin the mixture with white wine if necessary
- move mixture to a bowl
- sprinkle top of potato salad with paprika for color
NotesThe first dish I learned to make from my mother is potato salad. It was a hit and I have been making it ever since. I made it for my girlfriend when she invited her boyfriend to dinner and they ended up married. I made it for my co-workers at a potluck and they are still raving about it. I do like other's potato salad but mine has a little kick my mother taught me about.
Breads and Breakfasts: Bakin' Without Eggs...or Dairy!
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School CookbookSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More