- Cooking Time: 70 -75 mins
- Preparation Time:
- 1 chicken for roasting
- dry or fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Carefully wash and dry the chicken inside and outside. Salt it inside and outside, and add your favourite herb mixture (rosemary, thyme, oregano). Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise all over the chicken.
- Wrap it in a double sheet of aluminium foil, closing carefully. Place on a roasting tin with the breast down, and put in a preheated oven, 220-250°C, for approx. 45 mins.
- Take it out, carefully open the foil - try not to break it (watch out for the steam), turn the chicken and close the foil again. Put it back in the oven for 20-30 mins, depends on how big your chicken is.
- In this way chicken is cooked in its own fat and juice, no need to add oil, it should be perfectly roasted in the end, but not dry.
NotesI love roast chicken but I hate when it's dry, espescially the brest. This is the way my mother used to make it, and we love it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More