- Cooking Time: 70 -75 mins
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI love roast chicken but I hate when it's dry, espescially the brest. This is the way my mother used to make it, and we love it.
- 1 chicken for roasting
- dry or fresh herbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Carefully wash and dry the chicken inside and outside. Salt it inside and outside, and add your favourite herb mixture (rosemary, thyme, oregano). Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise all over the chicken.
- Wrap it in a double sheet of aluminium foil, closing carefully. Place on a roasting tin with the breast down, and put in a preheated oven, 220-250°C, for approx. 45 mins.
- Take it out, carefully open the foil - try not to break it (watch out for the steam), turn the chicken and close the foil again. Put it back in the oven for 20-30 mins, depends on how big your chicken is.
- In this way chicken is cooked in its own fat and juice, no need to add oil, it should be perfectly roasted in the end, but not dry.