- Cooking Time: 6 minutes
- Servings: 20 +
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- rice krispies cereal
- margarine or butter
- chocolate chips
- peanut butter
- confectioners sugar
- Make first batch of rice krispies bars according to directions on box.
- Using a microwave proof large bowl add 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows and microwave for 1 minute and stir.
- Put back into microwave and cook for 1 minute more
- Now add 5 cups of the rice krispie cereal and stir. Add more cereal until it is the consistency you prefer.
- Layer this mixtue in a 13 x 9 pan and gently press to firm. Chill
- You are now ready to make the filling.
- In an clean microwave safe bowl add a large bag (12 oz) of semisweet chocolate chips and 2 tsp butter or margarine and 1/2 cup peanut butter.
- Microwave for 1 minute and stir, add 3 Tablespoons of milk and microwave for another minute.
- Remove and stir.
- Now add the powdered sugar until the consistency is thick but spreadable. This is usually 1/2 to 3/4 cup.
- Spread this mixture over the rice krispies in the pan and cool to set the mixture.
- Repeat the first process and make another batch of rice krispies and spread them over the chocolate mixture.
- Cool and youare done.
NotesMy mother-in-law first made it and I made a few changes. It's a favoirite for kids and adults. The family requests it for every holiday and is a tailgating must have.