- Cooking Time: 45-60min
- Preparation Time: 20mins
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup softened un-salted butter
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed (approximately 3 cups)
- 4 eggs, well-beaten
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. With an electric beater, cream together sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add bananas and eggs, beating until well mixed.
- 3. Sift together dry ingredients three times. Blend with banana mixture, but do not over mix.
- 4. Pour into (2) lightly greased loaf pans. Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, until firm in the centers and the edges begin to separate from pans.
- 5. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from pans.
NotesI got this recipe from my mom who has always made this banana bread. I think she got it from Kona Inn....not really sure but its to die for!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More