- Cooking Time: 20 min
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- Kale (dinosaur kale preferred, but do a mix and match with multiple kinds)
- 4 lemons
- brags amino
- olive oil
- red onion
- nice mustard
- anchovy paste (optional)
- Begin by washing Kale. after it has been washed and spun or drained, hand tear into medium large bite sizes. Tear from the stem to use the leaf and not the spine or bristly parts.
- once the kale is in the salad bowl squeeze two lemons into the bowl and hand stir to cover the kale. Kale must be broken down for the body to digest, the lemon makes this happen.
- Juice the other two lemons and put in 2-cup measuring cup.
- add 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- 1/4 cup of brags.
- small amount of anchovy paste
- dollop of mustard
- poor all liquids in blender
- Add a big handful of basil to the blender
- pour the dressing (liquid) into the salad bowl with the kale.
- hand stir to coat all kale.
- Top with a sliced avocado and slices of red onion
- Blend it up
Notes4 or 5 years ago, before the kale craze hit the big time, my mom was making a delicious kale salad that converted many people to the belief that kale was good for more than just holding a bowl of fruit in the buffet table.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
Nick's PicksSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More