- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- 3 tsp vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (measured, not packed)
- 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 large green onion, sliced thinly
- Pat steak slices dry and add to a bowl with corn starch. Toss to ensure all pieces are just coated. Shake off excess corn starch using a strainer.
- Heat 1 1/2 tsp oil in a large wok or non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger, stir until fragrant. Add the soy sauce, water, brown sugar and pepper flakes. Cook the sauce for about 2 minutes and transfer to a bowl.
- Turn the heat to high and add the remaining oil to the wok. Add the beef and cook until browned on all sides. Pour the sauce back into the wok and cook until the sauce reaches desired consistency. Add the green onions (a pinch reserved for garnish), stir, and remove from heat. Plate, top with remaining onions, and serve.
NotesConfections of a Foodie Bride - Pink Bites
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More