- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1-1/2 sticks)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Turn oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch
- baking pan with a little shortening. In a large mixer
- bowl beat butter or margarine with electric mixer on
- medium speed till softened (about 30 seconds). Add sugar
- and brown sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat well.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder,
- and salt. With mixer on low speed gradually add the
- flour mixture to the banana mixture, beating till well
- With a wooden spoon stir in semisweet chocolate
- pieces. Spread batter in the greased baking pan.
- Bake in the 350 degree F. oven about 25 minutes or till a
- toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool in
- the pan on a cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered
- sugar if desired. Cut into bars.
NotesThis recipe came from the Chocolate Cafe last year. Have made it several times and am always ask for the recipe.
Monkey Bars is a great combination of banana and
chocolate flavors. Kids of all ages will enjoy this one!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
Delightful DessertsSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More