- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine (1-1/2 sticks)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (3 medium)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Turn oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch
- baking pan with a little shortening. In a large mixer
- bowl beat butter or margarine with electric mixer on
- medium speed till softened (about 30 seconds). Add sugar
- and brown sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Beat well.
- Stir in mashed bananas.
- In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, baking powder,
- and salt. With mixer on low speed gradually add the
- flour mixture to the banana mixture, beating till well
- With a wooden spoon stir in semisweet chocolate
- pieces. Spread batter in the greased baking pan.
- Bake in the 350 degree F. oven about 25 minutes or till a
- toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Let cool in
- the pan on a cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered
- sugar if desired. Cut into bars.
NotesThis recipe came from the Chocolate Cafe last year. Have made it several times and am always ask for the recipe.
Monkey Bars is a great combination of banana and
chocolate flavors. Kids of all ages will enjoy this one!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Get Fit With Good Food!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More