- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 3 hrs.
- 3 cups all purpose flour, divided
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/4 sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, heated
- 1 egg
- 3 T. butter, melted
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add milk and egg: beat until blended.
- Gradually add remaining flour and bea until mixture forms a soft dough. If necessary, add more flour.
- Turn out onto floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in an oiled bowl, turning to oil top of dough.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until it doubles in bulk, about 50 minutes.
- Punch dough down; shape into 16 balls.
- Roll each in melted butter and arrange in a 9-inch tube pan.
- If there is extra butter, pour over top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place about 50 minutes or until dough nearly fills the pan.
- Bake 25 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown.
- Remove from pan onto wire rack and serve warm.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Special SmoothiesSee More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More