- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 9 cups Chex cereal (I used Life, as I couldn't find Chex at the grocery store)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cup icing sugar
- Pour cereal into a large bowl.
- Melt chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter in microwave safe bowl.
- Stir well.
- Pour over cereal and blend well.
- Place cereal in large freezer bag that you can seal.
- Dump icing sugar into bag, and shake until well distributed.
- Lay flat on parchment paper to dry, and then place in individual ziploc bags.
NotesSaw this recipe on Jon & Kate Plus 8, as I was watching hour 5 or 6 of their marathon :)
So yummy, and a great cheap alternative to individually wrapped snacks from the store.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Honey Cake (mézeskalács) As My Mother Makes
Delicious, flaky, lard-free pie crustSee More