- Cooking Time: 20 - 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15
- Olive oil
- 1 – 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 2 T garlic (use the jar stuff from Trader Joes) or 6 – 8 cloves fresh chopped
- Anchovy paste or 3 - 4 canned anchovies in salt or oil (rinse if salted) – optional
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Bay leaves
- Red Pepper flakes
- Chili/ Taco seasoning
- Garlic seasoning
- Any other seasonings you want
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- 1 14 oz can Rotel or chopped tomatoes with green peppers
- 2 cans of tomato sauce or 1 large (30 oz?) can of Hunts Spaghetti sauce or Trader Joes marinara etc
- 2 Bullion cubes chicken, ham, shrimp – depends on what meat you use or mix n' match
- 1.5 – 2 cups Water it can always boil down
- Mushrooms optional – canned, add with tomatoes / fresh sauté with meat
- 1. Start boiling the water for pasta.
- 2. Brown ground beef, garlic, herbs, and anchovies together in olive oil
- 3. Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes stirring occasionally. You can simmer on very low heat up to an hour.
- Cook with 2 lbs of pasta of your choice.
NotesMy daughter has always been know as the Monkey. This is her favorite dish. I also use this as the meat sauce for my lasagna.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More