- Cooking Time: 20 - 60
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 15
- Olive oil
- 1 – 1.5 lbs. ground beef
- 2 T garlic (use the jar stuff from Trader Joes) or 6 – 8 cloves fresh chopped
- Anchovy paste or 3 - 4 canned anchovies in salt or oil (rinse if salted) – optional
- Dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Bay leaves
- Red Pepper flakes
- Chili/ Taco seasoning
- Garlic seasoning
- Any other seasonings you want
- 1 small can Tomato Paste
- 1 14 oz can Rotel or chopped tomatoes with green peppers
- 2 cans of tomato sauce or 1 large (30 oz?) can of Hunts Spaghetti sauce or Trader Joes marinara etc
- 2 Bullion cubes chicken, ham, shrimp – depends on what meat you use or mix n' match
- 1.5 – 2 cups Water it can always boil down
- Mushrooms optional – canned, add with tomatoes / fresh sauté with meat
- 1. Start boiling the water for pasta.
- 2. Brown ground beef, garlic, herbs, and anchovies together in olive oil
- 3. Add rest of ingredients and simmer for 10 – 15 minutes stirring occasionally. You can simmer on very low heat up to an hour.
- Cook with 2 lbs of pasta of your choice.
NotesMy daughter has always been know as the Monkey. This is her favorite dish. I also use this as the meat sauce for my lasagna.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Get Fit With Good Food!
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More