- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Trimmings from your pie crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry into a rectangle.
- Spread with softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Roll up along the long side.
- Cut into approximately ¼-inch pieces and lay on lightly greased baking sheet.
- (Optional) Place a small pat of butter on each ˜tail".
- Bake until golden brown watching that they don't burn (which they do easily!).
- Enjoy snacking on these as your pies are cooking.
NotesFor your 'leftover' pie pastry
My grandmother used to make these using the pastry cut off of her pie crusts. Now I make them using the 'extra' pie crust I make. Just a little something to snack on while doing my holiday pies!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More