- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Trimmings from your pie crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry into a rectangle.
- Spread with softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Roll up along the long side.
- Cut into approximately ¼-inch pieces and lay on lightly greased baking sheet.
- (Optional) Place a small pat of butter on each ˜tail".
- Bake until golden brown watching that they don't burn (which they do easily!).
- Enjoy snacking on these as your pies are cooking.
NotesFor your 'leftover' pie pastry
My grandmother used to make these using the pastry cut off of her pie crusts. Now I make them using the 'extra' pie crust I make. Just a little something to snack on while doing my holiday pies!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Taste of CenturyLink
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More