- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C milk (approx)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 slices of bread
- 6 slices of swiss
- sliced ham
- sliced turkey
- Dijon mustard
- 1 16oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
- Assemble sandwiches (make them to your liking - maybe you like more meat or less.. however you like it)
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Dip entire assembled sandwich into egg mixture and place dipped sandwich in hot skillet.
- Cook sandwiches until golden and flip.
- When the other side is golden, remove to a cookie sheet and bake in 350F oven until cheese is all melty and sandwich is heated through.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and stir until warmed through.
- Serve sandwiches with chunky sauce!
- I like the sauce inside the sandwich.
NotesI've always wanted to try these. I saw them on TV recently where Aaron McCargo Jr was making them. I changed up the sauce, because I thought they'd be nicer with a warm chunky sauce, instead of a cold syrupy sauce. Plus I added Dijon.... YUM!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More