- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 C milk (approx)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sugar
- pinch of salt
- 6 slices of bread
- 6 slices of swiss
- sliced ham
- sliced turkey
- Dijon mustard
- 1 16oz can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
- Assemble sandwiches (make them to your liking - maybe you like more meat or less.. however you like it)
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Dip entire assembled sandwich into egg mixture and place dipped sandwich in hot skillet.
- Cook sandwiches until golden and flip.
- When the other side is golden, remove to a cookie sheet and bake in 350F oven until cheese is all melty and sandwich is heated through.
- Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and stir until warmed through.
- Serve sandwiches with chunky sauce!
- I like the sauce inside the sandwich.
NotesI've always wanted to try these. I saw them on TV recently where Aaron McCargo Jr was making them. I changed up the sauce, because I thought they'd be nicer with a warm chunky sauce, instead of a cold syrupy sauce. Plus I added Dijon.... YUM!
Watt's Cooking in PA?
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More