- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lbs. sliced chicken breast
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 3 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrots (coleslaw mix)
- 2 cups steamed rice
- Shredded carrots and cherry tomatoes, quartered (optional)
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together water, soy sauce, cornstarch, sesame oil, hoisin sauce and garlic.
- Set mixture aside.
- Trim fat from chicken breast and cut chicken into thin, bite-size strips.
- Pour cooking oil into a wok or large skillet. (Add more oil as necessary during cooking.)
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry chicken for 2 or 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Push meat from center of wok.
- Stir in sauce.
- Push chicken and sauce to center of wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- Add shredded cabbage with carrots to skillet.
- Stir ingredients together to coat with sauce.
- Spoon about 3/4 cup of the chicken mixture over rice.
- Garnish with carrots and cherry tomatoes, if desired.
NotesIn my quest to find healthy and tasty dishes, I came across this recipe in the Winter 2008 Clean Eating Magazine ("Lifestyle nutrition for energy, fat loss and well-being").
Fat: 11 g
Carbs: 36.2 g
Pro: 32.5 g
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
The Social Cookbook
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More