- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 300g Plain flour
- 100g butter
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 100g sugar
- 1 egg
- Food dye (colour of your choice)
- Heat oven to 200° c
- Put flour and butter into a bowl, using fingers crumble into flour. The mixture goes from lumpy to fine crumbs.
- Add sugar, then raisins and mix, add the beaten egg to the mixture.
- At this point if you are using food dye you can add it to the mixture.
- Mix with you hands to form small balls.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
NotesMy oldest son wanted a space themed snack, so I make some rock cakes but during the mixing process I added some food dye!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More