- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups Archway Dutch Cocoa Cookie crumbs (10 cookies)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1.5 quarts moose track ice cream, softened
- 9.5 oz caramels
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
- 13 oz heavy cream
- 12 oz semi sweet chocolate
- 9" spring form pan
- Preheat oven to 375'
- in a food processor, pulse Archway Dutch Cocoa cookies until you have find crumbs. Mix the crumbs with sugar and melted butter.
- Press cookie crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9" spring form pan, pressing down to compress.
- Bake in a preheated 375' oven for 7 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Once the cookie crust has cooled, spread softened ice cream evenly into the pan over the crust.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for several hours or over night.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels and 1/2 cup heavy cream until smooth.
- Remove ice cream filled spring form pan from freezer. Remove plastic wrap and discard.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts on top of the ice cream then pour the creamy caramel over the nuts.
- Spray a piece of plastic wrap with cooking spray and cover the caramel. Place in the freezer for a couple of hours or until set.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, heat 13 oz of heavy cream just to a boil. Pour in chocolate and stir immediately until the chocolate is fully incorporated and the mixture is smooth. Allow to cool then set into the freezer for about 45 minutes, allowing ganache to set.
- Remove ganache from the freezer, and heat again....just to soften enough so it pours. Remove cake from the freezer, taking off the plastic wrap and discarding.
- Run a flat knife or spatula around the edge of the cake to loosen. Remove the side of the spring form pan.
- Carefully remove cake from the bottom of the spring form pan and place onto a flat plate.
- Working quickly so the cake doesn't defrost (if it is, place back into the freezer for a bit) poor the ganache over the cake, place back into the freezer so the ganache hardens before serving.
NotesThis is an entry into the Archway Cookie Recipe contest. It's rich, sweet and full of chocolate....every girls dream :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Roasted Pepper Potato Soup
Oven Crispy FriesSee More