- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryLow-fat egg salad from one of my favorite vegetarian restaurants - the Moosewood Restaurant in Ithaca, NY.
- 6 eggs, boiled
- 1 celery stalk
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1-2 tbsp minced dill pickle or relish
- 1/4 c minced red onion
- 2 tbsp minced fresh dill, or 2 tsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Dice celery & bell pepper. Add pickle/relish, red onion, and dill to bowl. Chop 2 eggs and add to bowl. Remove & discard yolks from remaining 4 eggs, chop whites, and add to the bowl. Stir in the mayonnaise, horseradish, and mustard & mix well. Serve chilled - 2 cups yield.