- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 apples, shredded or chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line 20 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Stir in the carrots, raisins and apples.
- Mash the bananas, either by hand or in a processor.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs, bananas and vanilla. Stir egg mixture into the carrot/flour mixture, just until moistened.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
NotesA revised version of morning glory muffins for those of us who pay (too much) attention to what we eat.