- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2-3 lbs of beef chuck steak, cubed
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/2 cups beef broth
- 1 can chickpeas
- In a pan, add some oil and brown beef.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except chickpeas.
- Place mixture in a crockpot.
- Add browned beef.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 4-6 hours.
- In the last 30 minutes, add chickpeas and cook until warmed through.
NotesOne of my favorite cuisines is Moroccan. There's something about the combination of commonly used spices that not only delivers amazing taste but comforting aromas. I was in need of comfort food and my Moroccan beef over couscous hit the spot.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
The Italian Exchange
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary CookbookSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More