- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp.cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 C raisins
- Slice carrots diagonally into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Cook carrots in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- While carrots cool, in medium bowl combine lemon juice, sugar, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Stir in olive oil, parsley, and raisins.
- Add carrots and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to chill and blend flavors.
NotesThis low calorie, tangy and refreshing carrot salad is typically served as a side dish in Morroco. It is great to make ahead as it tastes better the second day. It is so good you won't believe how low fat it is!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Baked Chicken Reuben
turkey and sweet potato hash
Cheddar Baked Potato SlicesSee More