- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp.cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 c minced flat leaf parsley
- 1 C raisins
- Slice carrots diagonally into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Cook carrots in boiling water until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain, rinse with cold water, and drain again.
- While carrots cool, in medium bowl combine lemon juice, sugar, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Stir well to dissolve sugar and salt.
- Stir in olive oil, parsley, and raisins.
- Add carrots and toss.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour to chill and blend flavors.
NotesThis low calorie, tangy and refreshing carrot salad is typically served as a side dish in Morroco. It is great to make ahead as it tastes better the second day. It is so good you won't believe how low fat it is!
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knife
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More