- Cooking Time: 15
- Preparation Time:
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup quartered dried Calimyrna figs (about 2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives
- 1 tablespoon bottled minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons sweet Marsala or Madeira
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 5 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Stir in the chopped cilantro and remaining ingredients except cilantro sprigs; reduce heat to medium, and cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired
- Best served over yellow couscous. Does fine on rice as well.
NotesOne of the many great recipes from Cooking Light. This recipe calls for Calimyrna Figs. I don't know much about figs (beyond Fig Newtons). The only figs I could find at my grocery store were mission figs so I used them. I don't know how it might have changed the recipe....but as far as I know...it was fine, but that could be my fig ignorance talking. ENJOY!!!
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Fueling a Firehouse
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More