- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1/4 cup raisins
- salt and pepper
- Mix the first 7 ingredients, along with some salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs and rub each thigh, on both sides, with a quarter of the mixture.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides. Remove.
- To the pan, add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic, celery and carrots and saute for an additional minute.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaf, lentils, raisins and salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs on top.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and then cover. Simmer for about 35-40 minutes until the lentils are tender and the chicken is cooked through
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
C'mon a my house! (Metric and American measurements for most recipes)See More
Hillshire Farm® Smoked Sausage Holiday Hoagie
Butternut Squash Medley
coffee toffee cookiesSee More