- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 1-1/2 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 4 bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup lentils, rinsed and picked over
- 1/4 cup raisins
- salt and pepper
- Mix the first 7 ingredients, along with some salt and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Pat dry the chicken thighs and rub each thigh, on both sides, with a quarter of the mixture.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium heat and add the olive oil.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides. Remove.
- To the pan, add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic, celery and carrots and saute for an additional minute.
- Add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Stir in the tomatoes, chicken broth, bay leaf, lentils, raisins and salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs on top.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and then cover. Simmer for about 35-40 minutes until the lentils are tender and the chicken is cooked through
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More