- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) stewed tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1/2 cup dried plum (prune) juice or orange juice
- 6 pitted dried plums (prunes), diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water 1 cup plain tabbouleh
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown on one side. Turn and add the onion; continue cooking until the onion and chicken are browned. Drain the excess fat. Stir in the tomatoes, juice, dried plums, allspice, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Uncover and simmer about 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the chicken is done; turning the chicken and stirring the sauce occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine the boiling water and tabbouleh in a medium saucepan. Cover and rest for 5 minutes. Add the parsley to tabbouleh and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the chicken and sauce on a bed of tabbouleh.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 360; Fat 10g; Saturated fat 2g; Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 470mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g; Fiber 11g; Protein 20g; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 40%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 20%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesMoroccan Chicken makes a flavorful and healthful addition to the dinner menu. In this quick dish a distinctive combination of dried plums, stewed tomatoes and spices, served with a simple tabbouleh, gives chicken an ethnic twist. And the flavorful canned tomatoes and dried plums add nutrient-rich vegetables and fruits to a great dish!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Koken met Oma
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More