- Cooking Time: 50
- Servings: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounce) stewed tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1/2 cup dried plum (prune) juice or orange juice
- 6 pitted dried plums (prunes), diced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/3 cups boiling water 1 cup plain tabbouleh
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown on one side. Turn and add the onion; continue cooking until the onion and chicken are browned. Drain the excess fat. Stir in the tomatoes, juice, dried plums, allspice, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Uncover and simmer about 10 minutes, until the sauce thickens and the chicken is done; turning the chicken and stirring the sauce occasionally.
- Meanwhile combine the boiling water and tabbouleh in a medium saucepan. Cover and rest for 5 minutes. Add the parsley to tabbouleh and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the chicken and sauce on a bed of tabbouleh.
- Nutritional Information Per Serving: Calories 360; Fat 10g; Saturated fat 2g; Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 470mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g; Fiber 11g; Protein 20g; Vitamin A 25%DV*; Vitamin C 40%DV; Calcium 8%DV; Iron 20%DV
- *Daily Value
NotesMoroccan Chicken makes a flavorful and healthful addition to the dinner menu. In this quick dish a distinctive combination of dried plums, stewed tomatoes and spices, served with a simple tabbouleh, gives chicken an ethnic twist. And the flavorful canned tomatoes and dried plums add nutrient-rich vegetables and fruits to a great dish!
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Pineapple Banana Punch
Triple Chocolate Bundt CakeSee More