MOROCCAN COCONUT-SABRA TORTE
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 6 Eggs, separated
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 cup Unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup Orange juice
- 1/4 cup Sabra liqueur
- 1 pt Strawerries
- Using a large bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar and beat until mixture holds stiff peaks.
- In a smaller bowl, beat egg yolka with remaimg sugar until eggs are light and fluffy.
- Add nuts and coconuts to egg yplks, combining gently.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Place cake batter into a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan and bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes, or until crust is light brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let sit in pan for a few minutes.
- Combine orange juice and Sabra liqueur and pour over torte while it is still in the pan.
- When torte is thoroughly cool, place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Decorate with strawberries.
NotesNote: If using sweetened coconut, reduce sugar to 1/2 cup, adding 1/4 cup to whites and 1/4 to yolks.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking Texas 2013See More
Baked Spaghetti Casserole
Award - Winning Tortilla SoupSee More