- Cooking Time: 8 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, slightly pounded so the thickness is even. (I butterflied 2 chicken breasts but in hind sight, the original recommendation is probably better).
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Combine all of the spices in a small bowl and then spread it all out on a plate. Lightly rub the chicken breasts with oil and press each breast into the spice mixture to thoroughly coat just one side of the meat.
- Grill the chicken over a medium-hot fire for about 4 minutes on each side, starting with the rub side down first. If you want to get fancy schmancy, place the chicken at a 45-degree angle to the bars on the grill grate and rotate 90 degrees after 2 minutes. Flip and repeat.
- When the chicken is done, allow to cool on a platter until barely warm. Slice thinly crosswise, holding the knife at a 45-degree angle.
NotesI found this recipe in Fine Cooking magazine and absolutely loved it. The chicken made a fantastic sandwich on a grilled focaccia along with an onion marmalade.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Camp Nubar Baking Class
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More