- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium acorn squashes, halved and seeded
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 3/4 c. bulgur wheat
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup raisings
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbls. sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash cut side down in a large baking dish and bake until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large deep sauté pan or a pot.
- Add ground beef, 1 tsp. of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook until browned.
- Remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add leeks and garlic to the pan and sauté until tender.
- Stir in bulgur, remaining salt, and water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Fluff bulgur with a fork, and add beef, raisins, parsley and sunflower seeds.
- Scrape out baked squashes, making 1/4 inch thick bowls.
- Fold cooked squash into the bulgur mixture and divide among squash bowls. Bake for 12-14 minutes until heated through and browned on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More