- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium acorn squashes, halved and seeded
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 3/4 c. bulgur wheat
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup raisings
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbls. sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash cut side down in a large baking dish and bake until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large deep sauté pan or a pot.
- Add ground beef, 1 tsp. of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook until browned.
- Remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add leeks and garlic to the pan and sauté until tender.
- Stir in bulgur, remaining salt, and water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Fluff bulgur with a fork, and add beef, raisins, parsley and sunflower seeds.
- Scrape out baked squashes, making 1/4 inch thick bowls.
- Fold cooked squash into the bulgur mixture and divide among squash bowls. Bake for 12-14 minutes until heated through and browned on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Mom's Cooking SecretsSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More