MOROCCAN STYLE STUFFED ACORN SQUASHES
- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2 medium acorn squashes, halved and seeded
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 lb. lean ground beef
- 3/4 c. bulgur wheat
- 2 leeks, washed and chopped
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp. salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup raisings
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbls. sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place squash cut side down in a large baking dish and bake until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large deep sauté pan or a pot.
- Add ground beef, 1 tsp. of salt, cinnamon and nutmeg and cook until browned.
- Remove beef with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add leeks and garlic to the pan and sauté until tender.
- Stir in bulgur, remaining salt, and water.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Fluff bulgur with a fork, and add beef, raisins, parsley and sunflower seeds.
- Scrape out baked squashes, making 1/4 inch thick bowls.
- Fold cooked squash into the bulgur mixture and divide among squash bowls. Bake for 12-14 minutes until heated through and browned on top.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Puff Daddy Pancake
Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Streusel Pie
Tossed Salad With Oil And Vinegar DressingSee More