- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup pitted dates, chopped
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Put dates in a small bowl.
- Pour lemon and orange juice over dates and leave to soak for 15 minutes.
- Drain dates, reserving juice mixture.
- Combine dates with carrots in a mixing bowl.
- Stir garlic, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, paprika and salt into reserved juice mixture.
- Gradually drizzle olive oil into juice-spice mixture, whisking constantly.
- Pour dressing over carrots and dates and stir well to coat.
- Stir in mint and parsley.
- Allow to sit an hour at room temperature before serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Simple Homemade Favorites
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More