- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 1/4 cups milk, warmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook macaroni according to package directions and drain. Heat butter in a small saucepan over medium low heat.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute. Use a whisk and add milk, stirring constantly, until sauce
- thickens. Add salt and pepper. Beat eggs slightly and add small amount of sauce to eggs and then add remaining egg mixture to sauce. Set aside 1/3 cup grated cheese for top. Add one third macaroni to a buttered 2 quart casserole, alternating layers of macaroni and cheese. Pour sauce all over and add reserved cheese. Bake 25 to 30 minutes and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Simple Homemade Favorites
Brownies: Baking Outside the BoxSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More