- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is a recipe I created to bring to a weekly dinner get-together with friends while I was on Weight Watchers. I had become tired of not being able to eat dessert like my other (non-Weight Watchers) friends and I so I volunteered to bring dessert the next week. Since some of the boys were opposed to eating anything "girly" (i.e. food with the fat and sugar content removed), we didn't tell them our little secret until the end of the night when they wouldn't stop raving about how much they loved this pie!
- Two packages sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 1/4 cups sugar free chocolate chips, divided
- Pre-made Graham Cracker crust
- 1 8oz container Fat Free Whipped Topping
- Filling: Whisk milk, pudding mix and half of whipped topping together in a bowl for about 1 minute (mixture will be very thick).
- Add 1 cup of chocolate chips and whisk until evenly spread throughout mixture.
- Pie: Scrape chocolate/pudding mixture into graham cracker crust and spread evenly. Spread other half of whipped topping on top of pie filling, smoothing to make a pretty dome.
- Topping: Put remaining 1/8 cup chocolate chips into a small zip-lock baggie. Microwave for 1 minute or until chocolate is melted through, stopping every 10 seconds to squish contents of bag together to ensure even heating. Do not over-cook chocolate!
- Once chocolate is melted, squish chocolate into lower corner of plastic baggie and twist. Use kitchen shears to trim off a corner of the bag. Drizzle melted chocolate on top of pie.
- Refrigerate pie until ready to serve or for at least 30 minutes.