- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 14 blintzes
- Preparation Time:
- Batter Ingredients:
- 2 eggs, well-beaten
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 C water
- Filling Ingredients:
- 1 lb hoop or farmer’s cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp sugar
- Speck cinnamon
- Directions: Batter
- Add salt and water to eggs.
- Stir gradually into flour until smooth.
- Heat 7” to 9” pan and butter well.
- Renew the butter with a crust of bread from time to time.
- Pour only enough batter to make very thin pancake, tipping pan in all directions to cover bottom. Pour excess back!!
- Fry on one side then shake out of pan onto board, fried side down.
- Directions: Filling
- Press the cheese, if not smooth, through a colander.
- Add eggs and seasoning.
- Place filling on browned side of leaf.
- Fold over as for an envelope.
- Cook filled blintzes in a little butter until brown and hot.
- Serve with sugar, jam, and/or sour cream.
NotesRecipe makes about 18 blini leaves and fills about 14 blintzes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
The One Dollar CookbookSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More