- Cooking Time: 35-50 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1 C sugar (scant)
- 3/4 C oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C chopped nut meats, we use almonds (3/4 lb)
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (rounded, or 4-1/2 level tsp)
- 1/2 tsp almond flavoring
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Add sugar, and mix very well.
- Add oil and beat in.
- To that mixture add flavoring, then flour gradually.
- Add nut meats and knead well.
- Divide dough into fifths.
- Shape each portion with hands into a roll about 1” to 1-1/4” in diameter.
- With fingers press down until it is about 1/2” thick.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 325 degrees about 25 minutes.
- Rolls will be just barely browned.
- Remove from oven and while still hot, cut into 3/4” thick slices.
- Putting cut side down, return to oven (325 degrees) until lightly browned and toasted (10 to 15 minutes).
- Watch very carefully as they can burn very easily now!
NotesPhoto of Zelma Levin, age 14.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
CustomFit Clean & TastySee More
Roasted Potato Wedges
IRISH COFFEE PIESee More