- Cooking Time: 35-50 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 2 eggs
- 1 C sugar (scant)
- 3/4 C oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 C chopped nut meats, we use almonds (3/4 lb)
- 3 C flour
- 2 tsp baking powder (rounded, or 4-1/2 level tsp)
- 1/2 tsp almond flavoring
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Beat eggs slightly.
- Add sugar, and mix very well.
- Add oil and beat in.
- To that mixture add flavoring, then flour gradually.
- Add nut meats and knead well.
- Divide dough into fifths.
- Shape each portion with hands into a roll about 1” to 1-1/4” in diameter.
- With fingers press down until it is about 1/2” thick.
- Bake on a cookie sheet at 325 degrees about 25 minutes.
- Rolls will be just barely browned.
- Remove from oven and while still hot, cut into 3/4” thick slices.
- Putting cut side down, return to oven (325 degrees) until lightly browned and toasted (10 to 15 minutes).
- Watch very carefully as they can burn very easily now!
NotesPhoto of Zelma Levin, age 14.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Hard Rock Cafe Cole Slaw Clone
Mashed Sweet PotatoesSee More