- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryPhotograph of Zelma Levin, age 14.
Good for Passover.
- 2 eggs
- 3 T water
- 2 T chopped parsley
- 1/2 C matzo meal
- 2 T medium chicken fat
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Beat eggs well.
- Add water and beat again.
- Add salt, parsley and matzo meal.
- Then add fat, working fat in well so it is evenly distributed.
- Let stand several hours in refrigerator.
- Shape into balls the size of a walnut or marble.
- I put the balls on a moistened plate.
- Try one ball in boiling soup, and if it does not hold together, add more matzo meal.
- Cook about 15 minutes or a little more in boiling soup in covered pot.
- Should about double in size and be tender.