- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Preparation Time:
- 6 medium sized potatoes
- 1 large (or 2 small) onions, cut fine
- 1/4 C fat
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 to 3 T flour, depending on whether potatoes are watery
- Fry half of the onion in the fat until golden brown.
- Grate potatoes and rest of onion on squared-off grater.
- Mix eggs well.
- Then add flour, salt, and baking powder, together.
- Then add fried onion and fat.
- Bake in greased baking pan at 350 degrees until brown and crisp at sides, usually about 1 hour.
NotesAs potatoes are shredded, add to egg mixture so they won’t turn green.
Can bake in well-greased muffin tins—takes a little less time.
May be vegetarian and/or kosher, depending what type of fat you use.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and CakesSee More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More