- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: One 9" x 9" square cake
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 C soft butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ C milk
- 1-1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch mace
- Pinch salt
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Separate eggs; reserve whites.
- Beat egg yolks well.
- Add well-beaten egg yolks to sugar/shortening mixture.
- Alternately add to batter sifted flour and milk.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour into greased, floured 9” x 9” cake pan.
- Spread batter with crumb streusel topping [See separate recipe].
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
NotesNote: This also makes good cupcakes.
See separate recipe for Crumb Streusel Topping.
Photo of Zelma Levin, age 14.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing Recipes
The Naked Macaron
Get Cookin'See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More