- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: One 9" x 9" square cake
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C sugar
- 1/4 C soft butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ C milk
- 1-1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch mace
- Pinch salt
- Cream shortening and sugar.
- Separate eggs; reserve whites.
- Beat egg yolks well.
- Add well-beaten egg yolks to sugar/shortening mixture.
- Alternately add to batter sifted flour and milk.
- Fold in beaten egg whites.
- Pour into greased, floured 9” x 9” cake pan.
- Spread batter with crumb streusel topping [See separate recipe].
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.
NotesNote: This also makes good cupcakes.
See separate recipe for Crumb Streusel Topping.
Photo of Zelma Levin, age 14.
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14See More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More