- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 c Whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 c Unbleached flour
- 1 tb Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 ts Baking powder
- 1/4 ts Salt
- 2 Eggs, separated
- 4 tb Oil
- 1/2 c Buttermilk
- 1/2 c Apple Juice
- 1/4 c Chopped almonds
- Combine flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Beat egg yolks with oil, buttermilk, and apple juice.
- Stir into flour mixture with nuts until all ingredients are moistened (do not over stir).
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Spoon onto a hot,greased griddle and turn once when bubbles appear.
- Makes 8 to 10 pancakes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook CafeSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More