- Cooking Time: 40
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 18.25 ounce package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 21 ounce can apple pie filling
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 T flour
- 1 T butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Mix together cake mix, eggs and apple pie filling.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, butter, cinnamon and nuts.
- Sprinkle over top of batter.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake's center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool awhile before serving.
NotesThis cake is one that we enjoy on Mother's Day with old-fashioned homemade vanilla ice cream! So simple to make, that my children enjoy making it. Also nice to cut into individual servings, wrap & freeze for lunchbox snacks!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More