- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Knox (or other) gelatin: Use 1 pkg for each layer
- Coloring, flavoring, and sweeteners for gelatin to suit
- Fruit cocktail (well-drained)
- Shredded coconut
- Whipped cream
- Color, flavor, and sweeten gelatin to suit.
- Chill gelatin until thickened.
- Then whip and add well-drained fruit cocktail.
- Pour into layer cake tins.
- When set, turn onto cake plate, one on top of other.
- Put shredded coconut on sides.
- Spread whipped cream on top.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
NotesConcocted by Grandma G. on Feb. 15, 1951, for Syd's birthday.
*Banana flavor and red coloring.
*Raspberry flavor and red coloring.
Photo of Zelma Levin, age 14.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More