- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Knox (or other) gelatin: Use 1 pkg for each layer
- Coloring, flavoring, and sweeteners for gelatin to suit
- Fruit cocktail (well-drained)
- Shredded coconut
- Whipped cream
- Color, flavor, and sweeten gelatin to suit.
- Chill gelatin until thickened.
- Then whip and add well-drained fruit cocktail.
- Pour into layer cake tins.
- When set, turn onto cake plate, one on top of other.
- Put shredded coconut on sides.
- Spread whipped cream on top.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
NotesConcocted by Grandma G. on Feb. 15, 1951, for Syd's birthday.
*Banana flavor and red coloring.
*Raspberry flavor and red coloring.
Photo of Zelma Levin, age 14.
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Simple Homemade Favorites
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake RecipeSee More
Molten Chocolate Walnut Cupcakes
Rabiole Soup (white turnip)
Stamp you passport ~> Portuguese HamburgersSee More