- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Knox (or other) gelatin: Use 1 pkg for each layer
- Coloring, flavoring, and sweeteners for gelatin to suit
- Fruit cocktail (well-drained)
- Shredded coconut
- Whipped cream
- Color, flavor, and sweeten gelatin to suit.
- Chill gelatin until thickened.
- Then whip and add well-drained fruit cocktail.
- Pour into layer cake tins.
- When set, turn onto cake plate, one on top of other.
- Put shredded coconut on sides.
- Spread whipped cream on top.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
NotesConcocted by Grandma G. on Feb. 15, 1951, for Syd's birthday.
*Banana flavor and red coloring.
*Raspberry flavor and red coloring.
Photo of Zelma Levin, age 14.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More