- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 10 fluid ounces Mountain Dew ™
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Then you:
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two cupcake pans with paper liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and citrus soda. Mix until all ingredients are moistened.
- 3. Pour batter into lined pans, filling about 2/3 full. Don’t overfill if you have extra batter, these will spread and flatten if overfilled. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until golden brown and/or top springs back when lightly touched.
- 4. Allow to cool on a wire rack, prepare the topping.
- For the topping you’ll:
- 1. Combine pineapple (with juice), sugar and corn starch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- 2. Remove from heat. Add butter and coconut. Spread topping evenly over cakes.
- Finally, bring them to your friend’s house and have a good old laugh about Mountain Dew, Jello and Sylvester Stallone movies. And don’t forget your roots.
Notesstolen from Bake & Destroy!
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Italian White Bean Soup
Butterscotch Hard Candy
Meringue Candy CanesSee More