- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 10 fluid ounces Mountain Dew ™
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Then you:
- 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two cupcake pans with paper liners.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and citrus soda. Mix until all ingredients are moistened.
- 3. Pour batter into lined pans, filling about 2/3 full. Don’t overfill if you have extra batter, these will spread and flatten if overfilled. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until golden brown and/or top springs back when lightly touched.
- 4. Allow to cool on a wire rack, prepare the topping.
- For the topping you’ll:
- 1. Combine pineapple (with juice), sugar and corn starch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
- 2. Remove from heat. Add butter and coconut. Spread topping evenly over cakes.
- Finally, bring them to your friend’s house and have a good old laugh about Mountain Dew, Jello and Sylvester Stallone movies. And don’t forget your roots.
Notesstolen from Bake & Destroy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Peppermint Crumb Squares
Chicken with Green Olives
Festive Candied YamsSee More