Mountain Dew Cupcakes
1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
10 fluid ounces Mountain Dew ™
1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
1 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup butter
1 cup flaked coconut
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line two cupcake pans with paper liners.
2. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, eggs and citrus soda. Mix until all ingredients are moistened.
3. Pour batter into lined pans, filling about 2/3 full. Don’t overfill if you have extra batter, these will spread and flatten if overfilled. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until golden brown and/or top springs back when lightly touched.
4. Allow to cool on a wire rack, prepare the topping.
For the topping you’ll:
1. Combine pineapple (with juice), sugar and corn starch in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until thick.
2. Remove from heat. Add butter and coconut. Spread topping evenly over cakes.
Finally, bring them to your friend’s house and have a good old laugh about Mountain Dew, Jello and Sylvester Stallone movies. And don’t forget your roots.
Pairs Well With
stolen from Bake & Destroy!