- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1 package (4 3/4 ounces) chocolate ice cream sugar cones
- Halloween sprinkles
- 12 thin chocolate wafers (2 1/4-inch diameter)
- For mousse:
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup cream to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip pointed tips of ice cream cones a third of the way into melted chocolate; roll in sprinkles. Refrigerate until set.
- Just before serving, spoon mousse into cones.
- Top each with a chocolate wafer.
- Invert onto a serving platter.
NotesThese rich snacks are filled with a creamy homemade mousse. Prepare them for your little goblins this Halloween.