- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 25
- 1 3/4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon shortening
- 1 package (4 3/4 ounces) chocolate ice cream sugar cones
- Halloween sprinkles
- 12 thin chocolate wafers (2 1/4-inch diameter)
- For mousse:
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/2 cup cream to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Stir in chocolate chips until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl; cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the remaining cream until stiff peaks form; fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- In microwave-safe bowl, melt semisweet chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Dip pointed tips of ice cream cones a third of the way into melted chocolate; roll in sprinkles. Refrigerate until set.
- Just before serving, spoon mousse into cones.
- Top each with a chocolate wafer.
- Invert onto a serving platter.
NotesThese rich snacks are filled with a creamy homemade mousse. Prepare them for your little goblins this Halloween.
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
GAES PTO Recipes
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More