- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWent to thrift store and found this box of 1973 recipe cards from McCalls magazine. They all sound great so you will probably be getting alot of recipes from me out of this recipe box.
- 1/2 cup sweet butter
- 1 large onion,sliced (1cup)
- 1 1/4 chicken livers
- 1 hard-cooked egg
- 1 12/ Tbs Cognac (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- chopped green onion (scallions)
- In 2 Tbs. hot butter in skillet. saute' sliced onion until tender-about 10 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Heat remaining butter in same skillet. Add chicken livers,and saute' over medium heat,3 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown (liver should be pink inside).
- Put half the sauteed onion, chicken livers, egg and Cognac in blender at low speed just until smooth. Turn into bowl.
- Repeat with remainder of onion,livers,egg, and Cognac. Stir in salt and pepper. Turn into crock or small bowl.
- Refrierate, covered, until well chilled. Turn out of bowl onto a serving plat. Garnish with green onions, Surround with toast or crackers.
- Makes 3 cups.